Dampfzentrale Bern is one of the most important independent venues in Switzerland for stage and music events. As a production site, presentation venue and international guest performance venue, Dampfzentrale Bern supports and influences the diverse scenes and actively encourages non-discriminatory practices in art and art production.
Dampfzentrale Bern is dedicated to improving equality for all genders in the workplace. Our team is currently working on promoting diversity and combating discrimination through an organisational development strategy. Applications from people of colour, people with a family history of migration and representatives of groups that are under-represented in the art world are, therefore, expressly welcome. We are very much aware and conscious of the fact that the majority of employees at Dampfzentrale Bern are white, able-bodied and that this represents a special situation for new members of staff from the BIPoC community and/or with disabilities.
We are looking for a
Technician specialising in sound engineering (80%)
Start date 1 September 2022 or another date to be agreed
You will work in a team of three full-time technicians plus external staff depending on the event. You will be in charge of the technical side of production, event and rehearsal operations and also be responsible for ensuring the correct working condition of all stage equipment. During both smaller and larger events, you will supervise external technicians to ensure smooth running of the shows from a technical perspective. You are committed to providing artists with the best possible support and have a keen interest in stage productions (dance, performance) and music (concerts, new music, club).
What we expect from you
- Completed vocational training in event technology or sound engineering and/or several years of professional experience as an event technician or sound engineer
- Experience of working with sound, lighting, video and stage equipment
- Extensive knowledge of sound engineering
- Basic knowledge of computer systems (Mac) and the programs Vectorworks and Qlab
- Ability to work irregular hours, incl. working evenings and weekends
- Ability to work independently and show initiative
- Good command of spoken German and English
We welcome candidates who bring the following
- An interest in art and culture
Skills that we would like to see more of at Dampfzentrale Bern
- Competencies and skills to combat discrimination and intersectional inequalities
- Awareness of sustainability issues
- Understanding of the digital world
- Entrepreneurial thinking and doing
- Willingness to become part of a dynamically working team
We offer a comprehensive insight into an exciting cultural enterprise and provide you with plenty of freedom for your own ideas and creativity.
The extensive benefits package includes
- A 13th paycheck
- Twenty-five days of annual leave, plus time in lieu for working evenings and weekends
- Full pay for sixteen weeks of parental leave for mothers and three weeks for fathers
- Assumption of 50% of the insurance against non-occupational accidents
- Free admission to all events at Dampfzentrale Bern and partner venues (Kulturcouvert)
- Discounted meals at the Dampfzentrale Bern restaurant
At present, Dampfzentrale Bern works with salary scales based on various categories. The advertised position is in the category ‘Staff’ and pays a gross monthly wage of between 3,500 and 5,000 CHF (at 100%).
Tell us why you are interested in this role and about your previous experience or send your documents by 2 May 2022 at the latest to email@example.com.
If you have any questions or comments about this job advertisement, please send a message to Karin Bitterli at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you by email or phone. Please do not forget to give us your phone number.
Interviews will be conducted at Dampfzentrale Bern in Bern on 6 and 9 May 2022.
We look forward to working with a committed and team-oriented person who will fulfil this role effectively within a small team in a vibrant cultural institution!
We are looking for a
Foyer-Bar Assistant (40%)
You enjoy serving customers and assisting in the operation of the bar during events and are highly interested in the ins and outs of a cultural enterprise. Besides working behind the bar, your responsibilities will include selecting products, overseeing the creative vision for the foyer and carrying out administrative tasks. You will also deputise for the Bar Manager in their absence. Needless to say, you have the ability to welcome guests in a polite and friendly manner even when under pressure.
Start date to be agreed.
Your personal competencies
• Basic experience in hospitality
• Customer-focused, friendly personality
• Ability to work effectively and independently
• Ability to work flexibly according to the events (working evenings and weekends as required)
• Good knowledge of German and English
• Flair for numbers and basic computer skills
• Interested in cultural and artistic matters
We look forward to working with a committed and team-oriented person who will fulfil this representative role effectively within a small team of dedicated individuals in a vibrant cultural institution. We offer a comprehensive insight into an exciting cultural enterprise and provide you with plenty of freedom for your own ideas and creativity. Remuneration for this role is in line with industry standards.
Dampfzentrale Bern is dedicated to improving equality for all genders in the workplace. Integration is one of our top priorities. Applications from people of colour, people with a family history of migration and representatives of groups that are under-represented in the art world are, therefore, expressly welcome.
Tell us why you are interested in this role and about your previous experience or send your documents via email to email@example.com
If you have any questions, please contact Julia Wolf, Bar Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We conduct interviews throughout the year.